Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekend Recap!

    Hey everyone! Time for another weekend recap! I know Mondays suck...but at least it's the end of Monday so only 4 days left! 


My boo boo started preschool Friday and absolutely loved it! I personally love the 3 hours I get where I only have to watch one little munchkin instead of two :) Doesn't he look so cute holding the little chalk board his awesome Aunt KoKo (AKA me) made ;) ?







I had off Friday (whoop whoop!) So Jude and I of course found some fun stuff to do! We rented a double kayak and went up and down a little river close to us. I had to paddle the whole way (apparently Jude doesn't understand the meaning of carrying his own weight) Okay..I'm totally kidding lying. I think I paddled like 4 times throughout the whole 3 hours we were on the river. I know, I suck, Jude rocks. At least he got his workout in, right? Then when we were done we went to one of our favorite restaurants! 






Saturday was for pizza and a Drive Inn movie! "Were the Millers" and "The Heat" both hilarious movies! We also made some adult punch that was pretty yummy :) And I know in the last picture both of our eyes are closed but do you know how hard it is to take a picture with a bright flash when your eyes are so used to almost complete darkness?? lol this was our 5th attempt I think! 


Sunday we went to "The Butler" it was just okay. More of a rental if you ask me. then we watched the Vikings Game! (too bad they lost) And I know I look like poop in this picture it was like 1000 degrees this weekend and I don't think this week is going to be any better. Seriously...where is fall?! 


Finally, we watched the VMA's and of course, Dexter. Please tell me you all saw this magic some people like to call Nsync. I cried a little, I told you there would be tears shed :) I was like a little kid on Christmas...and don't tell Jude I told you this but I think he was pretty excited too ;) Then I had to listen to Jude complain about how awful music is "now a days" like he's 100 years old or something. I've mentioned before he's a fan of 90's rap (Biggie, Tupac, Snoop Dogg) and the real oldies music. So when today's rappers got up and sang, I saw pure disgust on his face and then he went on to describe to me how pissed Biggie and Tupac would be if they were still alive and they saw what we call rap "now a days" lol I can't help but laugh. Then I saw his eyes light up when Lil Kim came on stage and just uttered the name Biggie. For those of you who don't know, Biggie and Lil Kim had a romantic relationship. Dear God, why do I know so much about Biggie? Seriously ask me anything...I bet I can answer it. I'm not proud of it either :( I have to admit though they were better then the rap now. 

Anyways, sorry for that rant! I had a great weekend and hope you all did too! Love you guys! 



Sami's Shenanigans

4 comments:

  1. How adorable is he on his first day of school! My little guy just went to preschool for the first time last week.

    PS: I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out.
    mixof6.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! I appreciate that! :)

      Delete
  2. NSYNC = BEST BOY BAND OF ALL TIME! Happy someone else cried with me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read my blog! I really do appreciate it and I read and try to respond to all of your comments! Love you all :)