Friday, August 16, 2013

5 on Friday y'all!

    We made it! Happy Friday everyone, now go pour yourself a tall one, sit back, and enjoy your weekend! But first, you can enjoy my 5 on Friday post ;)

1) Okay right now in Iowa the weather is GORGEOUS! Lately we have had high 60's to low 70's during the day and then it drops to low 60's at night. I am in love. Fall is my favorite season and I could be happy with Summer for a month and then 55-65 degrees the rest of the year. The leaves are even starting to change on some trees!! Bring on the pumpkins!



2) I always start cooking like crazy during fall and winter. And by crazy I mean I literally go through my pinterest and make every single thing on my recipe board. I can't wait to try all these new things that are fall appropriate. My first thing will most likely be these Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies. Ummm...YUM!



3) We have officially finished my DIY Kitchen Table! It looks absolutely amazing. This is kind of embarrassing,but I started to cry a little bit when I saw the final product. It was better than what I ever imagined it to be. I can't wait to show you guys the tutorial and the final product. Here's a sneak peak!

4) This weekend my Dad and I are going to start on my (and I guess Jude's too) coffee table! Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly! Here is the look I am kind of going for..

5) And last but not least since Summer is coming to an end I want to enjoy the last moments the most. Jude and I decided there are a few things we need to squeeze in before it gets too cold. Kayaking, Drive Inn Movie, and Mini Golf! I can't wait to enjoy these last days, because next year we will be knee deep in nursing school homework!

8 comments:

  1. I bet the table will look great! LOVE the stain on it:))

    http://arielle-ellesentries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much we'll see how it turns out lol

      Delete
  2. coming by from the link-up! your blog is super cute :) That pumpkin photo put a huge smile on my face...i loveeeeeee fall! And those brownies look to die for...have a great wknd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! I can't wait to start my recipe section of the blog!

      Delete
  3. I LOVEEEE the pumpkin's <3 fall makes me soo happy. Those red velvet brownies look to die for

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think fall makes everyone happy:) bring on the football!

      Delete
  4. Those brownies look amazing! PS - So excited to see you in Busch Stadium in your picture - I am a huge, huge Cardinals fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love the Cardinals, especially their new stadium :) Check out my post called STL Baby..it talks all about our trip down there this year!

      Delete

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read my blog! I really do appreciate it and I read and try to respond to all of your comments! Love you all :)