Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I think I can, I think I can...

  Just keep chuggin' along, right? Well last Thursday I ran my very FIRST mile ever without stopping! Then, Monday I did it again but this time it was a little bit easier :) Maybe this whole 5K thing will work out in the next 4 weeks? CHOO CHOO! Here I come y'all ;)

    Seriously though, when I started this whole thing it was hard for me to run 4 minutes. Slow and steady might actually win the race this time...

So here's my plan as of right now... y'all know how I love to plan ;) This couch to 5K program is due to be finished on October 27th. I'm a total treadmill runner, because I'm allergic to every single thing under the sun right now and I swear my lungs collapse every time I somewhat jog outside. So running an actual 5K race is totally out the window. Jude is gonna make me a runner name tag thing and get me a fake medal and I'm running that b*tch on the treadmill! Then I'm going to try to improve my pace until I can run a 5K in 35 minutes or have an 11 minute mile. After that, onto my 10K training schedule.
I'm going to start on week 4 though. Jude thinks I'm seriously insane with this! He might have ran track all 4 years of high school but let me tell ya something, this kid hates running and he definitely hates anything that's over 100 meters! LOL He might commit me to the psych ward.

PS Don't miss tomorrow's post all about how I lost 40 pounds in one year, the healthy way!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome about the mile!!! I'm super proud of you!! And you have it right just keep chugging along no matter how fast you go JUST GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy Jo! If it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't be able to stick to any program!

      Delete

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read my blog! I really do appreciate it and I read and try to respond to all of your comments! Love you all :)