Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend Fun anndddd a 5K!!

Such a great weekend with great so many great memories! Let's get started :)

Thursday-

I caught this picture of Jude playing with the boo boo's. I mean, how can I not love him?

Friday-

Jude and I went for my 30 Minute run and it was awful! I got to 13 minutes and I just had to stop and walk the rest of the way. It was really disheartening because I knew that I had just ran 27 minutes two days earlier and I was planning on running my 5K on Sunday. Needless to say I was really discouraged at this point. For dinner I made "wont be single for long vodka pasta" can you guess why? ;) Anyways it was really good, you can find the recipe here.

Saturday-

Halloween Party for the babies!
I tried a new hairstyle called mermaid curls! Who wants a video tutorial?!


 

The kids had a blast! They all dressed up in their costumes Tayte as Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Brendyn as Peter Pan, and Bryn as Tinkerbell (she refused to wear it and wore her white long johns most of the night lol). We played games (guess what's in koko's cauldron which included spaghetti as worms and whip cream as ghost guts) and we even had a haunted house! Tayte enjoyed that, Bryn refused to look at it lol. Let's just say Halloween is by far Tayte's favorite holiday, Bryn's least favorite, and Brendyn's just in it for the candy. 

Sunday-

I know what you're all thinking....

Sunday was the day, right?! Soo did I do it?? YESSS!!!! I actually did it you guys and I have never been so proud of myself in my whole life! After my shitty run Friday I thought it was impossible, but I knew I had to do it! So Jude and I started around 10 AM and we paced ourselves really well. My goal was 3.1 miles in 36 minutes. We were halfway done and my time was 17.46 and I stopped to walk for about 10 seconds. The last half was tough but I did it. The last stretch of our run we really picked up the pace and ended the run at 35 minutes and 40 seconds!!! That means I had an 11.30/mile pace! Holy shit. That's seriously all I can say. I will never forget doing the 9 minute run in week 4 and having to stop at 5 minutes and saying this is impossible. I wont even forget my 30 minute run on this past Friday where I stopped at 13 minutes. I just ran 3.1 miles in under 36 minutes. Something I never imagined happening. Two weeks ago my time goal was 42 minutes...and just yesterday I switched it to 36 and then I beat it! You really can do anything you set your mind to. Maybe I'll even get below 32 minutes someday and then I might really just poop my pants from shock...well probably not but ya know what I mean. So as always, WHOOP WHOOP!!! I DID IT!!!!!!! Thank you for all the support :) 




Sami's Shenanigans

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 5k! So inspiring - makes me want to get out and start running again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!!! So happy for you!!!!! I hate how some days my runs are easy and the next I'm running the same distance and I'm DYING!!!!! Keep up the GREAT work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummmmm yeah your hair looked gorgeous!

    http://the2qualleys.blogspot.com

    XOXO Bunnie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read my blog! I really do appreciate it and I read and try to respond to all of your comments! Love you all :)