Happy Monday y'all! Okay, who likes Monday? But my new plan in life is, good attitude good day. Try it, it seriously works!
Anyways, I had a great weekend! It has been literally freezing up here...by literally I mean literally 32 degrees at night.
Good news- I can officially run outside because no more allergies! And I can wear really cute fall outfits everyday :)
Bad news- well it's freezing and cloudy all day
So this weekend started out with Jude and I running for 24 minutes outside on Friday morning. I was so excited that Jude wanted to actually join me :) so were jogging along and then when we were done, we were both pretty tired but then we figured out how far we had run and realized we had just done 2 miles!! I was so excited and proud of myself. It was a big enough deal for me when I hit 1 mile, you can read about it here. Not only was I excited that I had hit 2 miles but I went a lot faster than I ever have on the treadmill. On the treadmill I run about a 14 minute mile, I know I know, it's really slow. But, as Tammy Jo always says "it's progress not perfection". But, Friday I averaged a 12 minute mile! Whoop Whoop! Point for me!
Saturday, we spent the day watching the hawkeyes, drinking apple flavored beer (yum!), snuggling (because ya know, it's freezing), and I made the most amazing zuppa soup! Find the recipe here.
Sunday kicked off with another 24 minute run with Jude, and we went just a tiny bit faster (I really need a Garmin watch), and ended with us watching the Addams Family :)
This morning I was back on the treadmill for a 25 minute run, and I forced myself to do a 12 minute mile pace because I knew I could do it. It sucked but I did it!
Now I am preparing myself for the Vikings game, lets all say a quick little prayer! :)
COUNTDOWN TO 5K: 5 DAYS!!!!!!
I am sooo proud of you!!!!! That is so awesome!! My average is about a 12:45 mile and I am totally ok with that :)
ReplyDelete