Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Who Doesn't Love Friday's?

     Hey guys! I was going to post this last Friday but since I ended up doing the 5 on Friday.. which I love, I didn't ever post this!
     So, I babysit my nephews 9 hours a day, 5 days a week. And, although they may be adorable they are CRAZY! By the time Friday comes I am so ready to just kick back and relax. Jude doesn't work on Fridays so every Friday night we make it a point to sit on my patio, listen to music, and drink away our stress from the week :) It is by far my favorite part of the week..I recommend it to everyone! This Friday I wanted to make it extra fun and surprise Jude with a fun dinner featuring his favorite things. Men are such simple creatures...all's you have to do is show them you appreciate them every once and awhile and they are ecstatic!

      For dinner I went and grabbed some boneless wings from Buffalo Wild Wings ( I personally don't like wings so we usually never get them. Needless to say, Jude was really excited he got them for dinner!), a basket of french fries, and I made some of his favorite cheese dip. For dessert he got popsicles (his guilty pleasure).

   
Jude and his popsicles... he could probably eat 30 of these in one sitting if I let him :) 

such a beautiful sunset in Iowa. Although I love the beach, I have to say nothing beats an Iowa sunset/star gazing :) 

     And of course we had to listen to music during dinner! I like anything country, and this is pretty embarrassing to say but Jude likes 90's rap. I literally laughed out loud while typing that because it is so embarrassing to admit that I am in love with a man who likes loves Biggie, Tupac, and my least favorite Snoop Dogg. What can I say? Opposites attract! People always laugh when they find that out because just from meeting Jude you would NEVER guess that's his genre of choice. But, I am not kidding...unfortunately. Usually when we're together we listen to oldies, because it's the only thing we can agree on :) But, I guess for tonight I will put on a fake smile while listening to Hypnotize and California Love. I REFUSE, however, to act like I enjoy Aint Nothing but a G Thang, not even for a second.
I honestly think Jude could rap this whole thing....no joke. 




Here's the recipe for the cheese dip we always make, it's really easy and always a favorite!
Ingredients:
Velveeta Cheese
Some ground beef
1/2 can of Rotel Tomatoes (use the whole can if you are making a bigger serving)

Directions: I usually don't measure any of this. I just cut off a block of the cheese and throw it in the crock pot on low, and then throw in a few hand fulls of ground beef. Top it off with some Rotel Tomatoes, stir and let the crock pot melt the ingredients all together! You can turn the crock pot up higher if you need it to melt faster. Eat with tortilla chips. Enjoy!


I know this is a few days late..but I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read my blog! I really do appreciate it and I read and try to respond to all of your comments! Love you all :)