You can tell by the chip in my hand and the look on my face, I was in rare form by this point in the night...
Anyways, on to my main point. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I get the question, "How did you get so lucky to get a guy like Jude?" "When will I find someone like that?" Well I'm about to tell you my secret, my code, my rules. Jude and I have been dating for exactly 47 months today ;) 4 years next month! I am beyond blessed to have him, but it is not luck that I got him. First, think of men like cars, now here is how you can get your "perfect guy".
1) There are certain standard features that should come in every car man. They should always pay for everything when you start dating, and they should still offer to pay for everything no matter how long you've been dating. However, there comes a certain point where it's totally okay for a girl to treat her guy and to pay for her own stuff. But in the beginning this is standard. Kind of like airbags. I love when girls are like "he's the best, he pays for like everything, he wont even let me think about paying." and I'm like... umm your point? that's like saying "OMG guys my car is AWESOME! it has airbags!" Standard.
2) I want a car man that isn't just standard. I want luxury. Everyone deserves the Bentley the "perfect man". Your man should be a gentleman. If you can't tell your dad every single thing about them, don't even think about wasting your time.
3) More importantly if you wouldn't trust your future children to take a ride in the car be raised by this man don't even waste your time.
4) If you don't want your future daughter to date someone who drove this car who acts this exact same way, don't waste your time.
5) If your car is going down the shitter man isn't going anywhere in life, why try to change them?
6) Remember no car man is ever "perfect" just like us, they have their kinks. We have to learn to accept the little things. So your car is kinda loud man snores? And maybe it he is kinda messy? These are acceptable losses. We can deal with these things. Sometimes our cars have to be taken in for a tune up, and sometimes our men have to be reminded we like to hear we're beautiful 6 times a day ;)
7) Don't date a party animal, just asking for trouble. I mean would you drive a party bus around all the time?
8) Date someone who has a good relationship with God and/or is spiritual. If they don't have this, they will never be able to love you like we need to be loved. God and spirit is what teaches us how to love, I mean really love. Without it we are incapable of true love.
9) And seriously, don't worry about how a guy looks on the outside, because 10 years from now, every car man ages. What matters, is the engine, motor, transmission, and brakes heart, brain, personality, and soul.
10) Take care of your car. Wash it, dry it, clean it, and don't speed in it. man. Appreciate them, do what they like every once in a while, cook for them sometimes, show them you love them.
11) Finally, love someone who would love you if you gained a 100 pounds. My car would still drive my ass around if I gained a 100 pounds. It might have to chug a little harder up the hills but it would still tote me around ;)
So find your Bentley, and dump your Ford Pinto. Because damn girl. you deserve it!
(By the way, I have no idea what kind of car a Ford Pinto is, I just googled worst cars ever made lol)
|
Aww so sweet! And some good tips! :)
ReplyDeleteYou two are a very cute couple!
Thanks so much :)
DeleteSuch a good post :). Thanks for reminding me I deserve way better than the losers I'm finding :)
ReplyDeleteYou do deserve it Tammy Jo!
Delete