Thursday, November 21, 2013

Hiding my "fat" self

I know that the title may sound a little harsh, I mean is it really nice to call yourself
fat?

Well lets get real y'all on the the health charts, I used to be considered obese. 
Not just sorta obese, I mean like I was closer to morbidly obese than I was to overweight. 
Brittany's friend Nikki, Brittany, Me, and Jerica (read more about them on why blog)

I'm going to be honest, I carry my weight extremely well. I'm about 5' 6'' and at my 
heaviest I was 180. Nobody would have ever guessed I was that weight though. I think people would have put me at 160. But I knew. I was so unhealthy. I hated my body, I remember when that picture was taken perfectly. I was between my two skinny minny best friends (who I love to death, but I mean could I get any more perfect friends?) and I felt like a cow. That was it, I was done hiding my "fat" self. 

I was sick of seeing pictures like this

I was so beyond insecure. I hated my arms and my stomach the most. UGH. 
I would hide them by posing my arm out or putting a baby in front of my gut! LOL
I would wear the same clothes because I thought those were the only things that looked good on me. 

I was sooo done. One day I just changed. I was just done with this stupid roller coaster. 
Six months later and 30 pounds gone, I looked like this.

Another 6 months and 15 more pounds gone. 
This was no sucking in, after a week in Mexico at an all inclusive stuffing my face with daiquiris and nachos :)

Another 6 months and here I am. I did something I never in a million years thought I ever thought possible, ran a 5K. No more weight loss, but damn I am in so much better shape than I was 6 months ago.
My running buddy ;)


6 months at a time, 1.5 years, and here I am. What will I achieve in 6 more months? God only knows, but I can't wait to find out!!

Anything is possible y'all! 

4 comments:

  1. congrats!!! That is amazing! I'm starting a similar journey, and with about 40 lbs to go, I'm excited to see the progress like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is awesome, congrats!! I have a lot of weight to lose and starting it around the holidays isn't going to be easy but I also hide my fat self in pictures and it's getting really old really fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHH I just love you and you are such a motivation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh honey you look amazing. you are so inspiring too. keep at it. I'm your biggest fan <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read my blog! I really do appreciate it and I read and try to respond to all of your comments! Love you all :)