Jeeze, where has the time gone?! It feels like Christmas should still be a week away... am I right?!
Life has been sooo crazy lately I have barley had a second to breath!
Anyways, I have lots and lots to update y'all on so I hope you're ready!
First of all Christmas was absolutely amazing! Jude and I spent lots of time with our family and
truly enjoyed every second. I got to watch my nephews open their gifts on Christmas morning, and it was so sweet seeing them get so excited!
Jude and I agree to not get anything for each other for Christmas, and I have to admit I definitely gave him a hard time when he actually didn't get me anything for Christmas. Little did I know...
The next weekend I planned and hosted a dinner party at my sisters house so we could use all of her fancy china. We had so much fun eating and just enjoying some celebrating.
![]() |
| Tayte thought he would get invited if he dressed up..no such luck lol |
Later that night, I got my sweat pants on, tied back my hair and laid down. Jude said he ended up getting me a Christmas present and he handed me a medium sized black box. He thought I was going to think it was a ring.. but I truthfully didn't. So I opened this box and it was the cheapest white watch I have ever seen (actually it was from Walmart). I just looked at him and said "Jude, I already have a white watch...why would you waste your money on this?" I then yanked it out of the box and a big shinny thing came flying at me out from under the watch. Of course I jumped up and started having a panic attack. It hit me...omg he was proposing. He got down on one knee, in my bedroom, and told me that it's been 4 years and he's never stopped loving me.
I think he thought I was actually hyperventilating because he started to try to calm me down. I know I didn't have an extravagant proposal but I can tell you this, Jude surprised the shit out of me. Never did I expect it coming at that moment. And if he would have tried to take me to a fancy dinner, a nice hotel, anything extravagant, I would have known it was coming. Because for the last 2 months every single time we did anything like that I thought it was coming!
I actually didn't believe the ring was real at first because of how beautiful it is, I made him show me the appraisal papers ;) So then of course we had to go tell my parents (my dad already knew because Jude asked his permission a few months ago when he bought the ring), and then everyone else in the world we care about! Everyone is so excited and I cannot wait to be the Mr & Mrs Smith!
We're planning for a wedding on 9-5-15 and I cannot wait to marry my prince charming :)
After all of this we got to celebrate Jude's birthday! Our first celebration as an engaged couple! I threw him a party at my house for his family and my family and we all had so much fun!
| Jude's first legal drink in the US! |
| My present for Jude! |
Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season!











Congratulations!!! Beautiful ring!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats beautiful!! Your ring is beautiful!! By the way this Kaitlyn from crazy life of Kaitlyn I got a new blog!! Check it out!! :)
ReplyDeleteAw that is so sweet and exciting! Enjoy it, being engaged is wonderful! But goes so fast!
ReplyDeletexoxo Wedding planning time!
Thanks for linking up!
http://showeredwithdesign.blogspot.com/
Congrats!!! Your ring is absolutely beautiful! I love it! Enjoy being engaged. It is a very special time :)
ReplyDeleteOH honey, I am so happy for you and I absolutely loved how he did it. That was briliant. The ring is truly gorgeous. Love you to the moon and back and cannot wait to follow along with your wedding planning! Write a post on what you think about the venue, food, and honeymoon. xoxo
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Your ring is beautiful! My proposal was a complete surprise like that and it caught me off guard. I loved it!
ReplyDeleteI just came across your blog and wanted to say hi! Congrats on getting engaged!! I got engaged over the summer and know how exciting it is :) The ring is beautiful and I'm excited to follow along with all of the wedding planning!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I just got married last year- close to your date! I was September 14. Enjoy the planning!
ReplyDeleteYour ring is gorgeous!! Congrats!
ReplyDelete